So I don’t think its an official award which is probably a good thing, because I have absolutely nothing to wear! But it’s nice to know someone is reading my dribble, and liking it.
It’s called the Liebster Award and I was nominated by tOlan22 so in keeping with the spirit of the award, here are 11 things you probably don’t know about me:
1. I hate cooking. Yes. I know I write about it, but I actually hate the process of cooking. I do love eating tho.
2. I have never ever had a coffee.
3. I wore very thick glasses until I reached high school and only stopped wearing them because I didn’t want to be teased. Lucky my eyesight was better.
4. Gardening is not my forte…I kill cactus.
5. I’ve been dying my hair since high school. I have no idea of my natural colour.
6. I ate my baby’s Easter egg.
7. I grew up in Canberra, and moved to Sydney in 2002.
8. My husband is 16 years older than me.
9. My favourite place that I have ever been to is Italy.
10. I love punk, ska and rock n roll. I love tattoos.
11. I have a spot soft for shoes. Once I had about 60 pairs.
And now for my answers to the questions by my nominator:
1. What did you feel when you are informed you got nominated for the award?
What? An award? Hoax…off to mr google…
2. What is the best achievement you can have in your life?
Surviving the first childbirth and having my boys.
3. Do you play any musical instrument? If yes, what instrument?
I play the ukulele (very poorly) but only because my boys like it when I pretend it’s a guitar and we rock out. I probably should just say no, no I don’t play anything.
4. How do you value life?
Like anything, you only get out what you put in.
5. What country do you want to spend your life?
Right here in Australia. We really are the lucky country.
6. Do you believe in reincarnation?
7. What is the best blog (not post) you saw?
I really like the pinterested parent
8. Do you like history?
Yes, I don’t know it very well, but it is interesting. I love the 50’s era.
9. When the last time you went to church?
When my friends son was christened a few years ago.
10. Do you believe that aliens really exist?
I don’t, but if you do, then that’s your choice.
11. Why do you blog?
Because it helps with my mental health. I started because I didn’t want to see a therapist and deal with my birth trauma and thought this would be the best way to “talk” without talking. It has helped me immensely.
Now for my questions to my nominees (see below)
1. What do you love about where you live?
2. If money was no object, where would you travel to?
3. Toilet paper…over or under? Which way do you hang yours?
4. What is your absolute favourite food?
5. Do you have a favourite book?
6. Have you ever tried sky diving? If not, would you?
7. What is the craziest thing you’ve done? (keep it clean please…)
8. If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
9. What do you think is the best invention?
10. What did you want to be when you grew up and have you followed through?
11. Will you continue the Liebster Award and nominate other blogs?
Now it’s my turn to nominate some blogs. So here are some of my nominees: (cue opening envelope)
To be continued…I will add more blogs when I decide on some.
You can find them here The Wording Well
Or its pretty much this:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.